Our mission is to improve the quality of life in the Town of Oakland by proactively detecting and suppressing crime and to work with our citizens to preserve life and property, maintain human rights and promote public safety. To achieve our mission we are committed to these core values:
1. We will remain vigilant and committed to equal rights under the law and will treat everyone with respect and dignity.
2. We solicit input and information from citizens in identifying public safety problems and issues.
3. We value integrity, honesty and a strong work ethic in our police officers.
4. We will enforce the law equally and fairly without fear or favor.
5. We encourage the community to assist your police department by being observant and involved in the detection of crime or suspicious activity in your neighborhood.
The citizens and businesses of Oakland play a critical and important role with your Police Department and we must continue working and helping each other to assure a viable and enhanced quality of life for our community.
Emergencies: Dial 9-1-1
Non Emergencies (Monday – Friday, 8AM – 5PM): (901) 465-0070 Non Emergencies (Weekends & After Hours): (901) 465-3456
Fax Number: (901) 465-0719
Physical Address: 170 Doss Circle Oakland, TN 38060 Mailing Address: PO Box 521 Oakland, TN 38060
Going to be away from your home for a while and want us to check in on it? Fill out the House Watch Form (pdf)
The Town of Oakland is committed to providing the best service to its citizens, businesses, and visitors.
Please use this website to help us better assist you with your specific needs.
If you need to speak with us, please call 901.465.8523