Application Deadline: November 23, 2021
Print Application (pdf)
The Town of Oakland invites qualified applicants for the position of Assistant Parks and Recreation Director.
We are looking for a proven, dynamic individual that will provide professional leadership that will positively affect both the Department and the community. The selected Assistant Director shall be a self-starter, energetic and an advocate in parks and recreation services
Successful candidate must possess knowledge of public recreation and park operations. Candidates should have relevant job experience. The ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with The Director, Town officials and the public, and to promote community interest and enthusiasm in parks and recreation activities is essential in this position.
Under the direction of the Parks & Recreation Director, and with limited supervision, responsibilities include:
- Assist in overall operation and services of the Department which includes planning all Parks & Recreation events (sports, senior activities, Town events, etc.)
- Coordinate maintenance of Parks & Recreation facilities.
- Attend meetings of the Department and of the Town.
- Develop marketing plan for the Parks & Recreation Department.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in Parks & Recreation, with local government experience desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation & Park Administration, Sports Management, or closely related field desired.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic office application and software.
- Program marketing experience desired.
A valid, current Driver’s License is required and must be able to pass a motor vehicle registration check. The selected candidate will be required to pass a background check, physical, and drug test.
Salary Range is $31,200 to $34,632 per year with a competitive benefits package.
Print applications are available online or at Town Hall, 170 Doss Circle, Oakland, TN 38060 during regular business hours.
Your completed applications must be addressed to:
P.O. Box 56
Oakland, TN 38060
– OR –
Emailed to email@example.com
The Town of Oakland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.