Under the general direction and supervision of the Town Manager, this position assists in the preparation and maintenance of correspondence, records, files, and documents. Primary work responsibility will be on behalf of the Mayor and Town Manager, but will also assist in all administrative, finance, and utility billing offices of Town Hall as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare, process, and file correspondence to and from Town Hall administrative offices.
- Prepare and maintain logs for letters and correspondence to ensure a proper and timely response.
- Type correspondence, memos, reports, forms, etc. as assigned
- Maintain and schedule appointments for Mayor and Town Manager.
- Serve as “back-up” assistant to Town Recorder
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of policies and procedures within a professional office environment
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize a personal computer and software applications, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Excellent spelling, punctuation, and general grammar.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work productively with limited supervision and under deadlines
- Ability to follow directions and work as a member of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentially
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Two years of college or business school desired
- At least 2 years of directly related professional office environment experience
$15-$16.50 per hour
How to Apply
Applications can be picked up at Oakland City Hall, 170 Doss Circle or downloaded here.
Completed applications are to be directed to:
Oakland City Hall
ATT: Town Recorder
PO Box 56
170 Doss Circle
Oakland, TN 38060
Employment is subject to a background check and drug screening.
It is the policy of the Town of Oakland that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other lawfully protected classification. 9-13-1tc