The Town of Oakland Parks & Recreation Department would like to invite you to make this year’s festivities the merriest ever by participating in a Gingerbread House Contest!
General Contest Information
- The competition is open to individuals, families, businesses, and organizations. Creations can be any structure- real or imaginary!
- Building permits (entry fee) are $10. Checks should be made payable to the Town of Oakland. All money will go directly to Parks & Recreation.
- All entry forms and fees must be returned to Oakland City Hall (170 Doss Circle, Oakland TN 38060). Entries are limited. Registration deadline is Monday, December 10th.
- Entries must be delivered to Oakland City Hall, 170 Doss Circle on Thursday, December 13th between 8 am. – 5pm. Entries may be picked-up beginning on Thursday, December 20th. Houses not picked up by Friday, December 21st will become property of the Town of Oakland Parks & Recreation Department.
- All entries will be on display at Oakland City Hall (170 Doss Circle) from Friday, December 14th to Wednesday, December 19th
- Entries and their foundations may not exceed 15 inches in width or length. There is no restriction on height. Foundations must be sturdy for easy transport (cardboard is too flexible – plastic or plywood is preferred).
- Children ages 10 and under may have adult assistance in creating and decorating their houses. Children ages 11 and up must construct and decorate their houses without adult assistance. However, parents please assist and supervise all children when using stovetops, ovens, microwaves, etc.
- Entries must be made entirely of edible materials (with the exception of the foundation) and must incorporate the holiday or seasonal theme. Other edible materials (not limited to sweets) may be used as trim. Candies must be unwrapped and free of any non-edible materials, such as lollipop sticks.
- Judging will be based on overall appearance, originality, creativity, holiday theme, architecture, craftsmanship and adherence to the official contest rules. Awards will be given for “People’s Choice and ‘Santa’s Choice’. Judges decisions are final.
- Judging will be held Wednesday, December 19th and winners will be notified asap.
For more info, contact Parks & Rec: 465-2921 or email@example.com