The Town of Oakland is accepting resumes for the position of Firefighter. This position provides firefighting and emergency medical services for the protection of life and property in the Town of Oakland.
1. Must hold a license as an EMT or Paramedic in the State of Tennessee
2. Must have completed 64-hour firefighting class with live burn
3. Must become State of Tennessee Fire Commissioned Firefighter II within 2 years of employment
4. Must be 21 years of age
5. Must have current State of Tennessee driver’s license and pass motor vehicle registration check
6. Must take and pass Oakland Fire Department physical and comprehensive employment exams
7. Selection for position will require passing background check, drug screening and pre-employment medical examination.
A detailed list of qualifications and responsibilities are available at Oakland City Hall. Salary, DOQ, plus benefits include health, dental, vision, retirement, paid vacations and holidays.
For consideration, resumes must be submitted by 4:00 PM, Friday, April 13, 2018.
Resumes may be mailed to: Oakland City Hall, ATT: City Recorder, PO Box 56, Oakland TN. 38060
Delivered to: Oakland City Hall, ATT: City Recorder, 170 Doss Circle, Oakland TN. 38060
It is the policy of the Town of Oakland that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other lawfully protected classification.